Cloud trips and traps
Whatever the reason for your interest in moving to a cloud solution beware of the pitfalls that may be ahead of you.
- Your providers cloud server may be based in an overseas country – do you know what the privacy laws are for this country and what they are able to do with your data.
- Your access to your data will be dependent on reliable broadband services. What is your fall-back position if this fails?
- What alternative backup of your data do you have aside from the promised and advertised backup of your provider.
Are you aware
- You can have your own, in house, cloud server in the form of a NAS (Network Addressed Storage) for very little investment.
- Your own cloud data can be accessible from anywhere in the world where you have a broadband connection.
- Your in-house cloud device can be backed up to any one of a number of provider based cloud solutions. This can be an encrypted backup for additional security. This alleviates the fear of your in-house cloud device being damaged by fire, flood or storm.
Contact Mark for further information.